A verified ePayments account – your pass to the world of big finances
Verifying an account on the ePayments system consists of confirming the identity of the electronic wallet (e-Wallet) holder as well as his/her email address and mobile phone number to which codes and reports of transactions conducted are sent.
Experienced users recommend verifying your account straight away after registration. Read our article to find out how to pass the verification process in the shortest possible time while avoiding common errors.
User registration on the system is carried out in a fairly traditional way: an activation link or code to activate the account is sent to your email address or mobile phone number indicated when registering.
After this you will need to enter your personal details and you become an unverified user on the ePayments system. To raise the limits on your account and receive access to all operations on the system you must verify your account verify your account.
To pass the verification process an ePayments user must click on his/her name in the upper right-hand corner of the personal area on the website epayments.com and then click on the “Verify account” button, which requires passing through a few steps.
- Identity confirmation. This is quite a simple step which the user can pass after providing a document confirming his/her identity. As a rule this can be a scanned copy or a high-quality photograph of an internal or an international passport. It is strongly recommended not to make any changes to the document in image editors or crop the edges of the document. The document presented must be colour, with a resolution not less than 300 dpi and no more than 2mb in size. In the “Valid until” field the period of validity or the expiry date of the verifying document must be entered.
- Confirmation of address. As confirmation of your residential address it is enough to provide a copy of a document with a stamp confirming that you are registered to live there, a utility bill or a bank statement issued in the name and sent to the address of the ePayments user. As in point 1 documents with signs of being edited on an image editor are not acceptable. The address entered must match the address on the confirming document. In addition when providing any information, utility bills, or confirming letters it must be remembered that the document must be no more than 3 months old and it must have signature and stamp/barcode/QR code.
- Confirmation of phone number. Here everything is simple: an SMS will be sent to the number indicated with a code which must be entered in the relevant field on the website.
- Confirmation of email. The traditional way of confirming your email address by opening an activation link. Nothing too complicated.
- Financial activity questionnaire. In the questionnaire the user must answer some general questions. The key element of the questionnaire is a detailed description of your activity and an indication of the intended use of the account. You must treat such questions with understanding and not get worked up by thinking that the questions are there to “harshly interrogate” you. These answers are necessary as part of combating terrorism and money laundering. Since you do not have anything to do with either terrorists or international drug traffickers, answer confidently, since you have nothing to fear.
After clicking on the “Send” button your request is sent to be checked, the result of which will be made known within 7 working days. If you have correctly completed all the necessary actions of the 5 steps you will become the owner of a fully-verified ePayments account and you will be able to send, receive, exchange and withdraw funds in any major currency.
And one last thing, some useful advice. Regularly check for internal messages (tickets), since the support team may ask for clarifications or may request additional documents. This will speed up the processing of your documents and will significantly reduce the time taken to process your application.
If you decide to provide additional documents for examination please upload them in the “Settings” menu (the “Upload document” section) and resend a request for verification so that our specialists are able to consider the documents uploaded.
Remember! ePayments does not divulge your personal information to third parties. The security and protection of your personal data are a priority in our work. All information is strictly confidential and is stored in accordance with the demands concerning the gathering, storage and usage of personal data. All actions undertaken by ePayments to protect your personal data are regulated by the Data Protection Act 1998.